A great way to make use of jarred artichokes, this recipe combines simple artichokes, cooked pasta, tomatoes and olives for a flavour-packed pasta salad that is delicious in summer.
- 150g dried pasta shapes
- 1 x 290g jarred artichoke hearts in oil, drained
- 150g fresh cherry tomatoes
- 100g olives in brine, pitted, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- Small handful freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. reserved oil from the artichokes
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. each dried basil and oregano
Cook the pasta according to packet instructions in boiling salted water. Once cooked, drain.
Meanwhile, halve the tomatoes and olives and chop the artichoke hearts. Mince the garlic cloves.
Whisk the garlic, reserved oil, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, basil and oregano together. Pour over the cooked pasta, add the tomatoes, olives and parsley and toss to combine. Cover and leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours to let the flavours meld, then serve at room temperature.