A super fast dish perfect for serving for lunch or dinner, in this recipe, broad beans and artichokes are tossed with freshly cooked linguine, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil and parmesan cheese.
- 400g linguine
- 250g baby broad beans, fresh and podded, frozen or tinned
- 400g jar artichoke hearts in oil, drained, 2 tbsp. oil reserved
- 50g soft sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 tbsp. green or red pesto, shop-bought or homemade
- Handful freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add the linguine and cook according to packet instructions. Add the broad beans for the last 3-4 minutes of cooking.
Meanwhile, chop the artichoke hearts and the sun-dried tomatoes. Heat the oil and reserved oil in a frying pan, then add the tomatoes and artichokes. Fry for a couple of minutes. Pour everything into a bowl. Add around 75ml of the pasta cooking water and the pesto and stir to combine all ingredients.
When the pasta and broad beans are cooked, drain and toss with the sauce. To serve, sprinkle with fresh parmesan.