This summery salad combines some delicious Mediterranean flavours - olives, tomatoes, extra-virgin olive oil and tangy feta cheese. Serve alongside grilled meats, or as it is spooned over grilled ciabatta.
- 450g fresh and podded or frozen broad beans
- 225g cherry tomatoes, vine-ripened
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 200g feta cheese, drained
- 12 pitted black olives
- 1 tbsp. each lemon juice and white wine vinegar
- Black pepper
Place beans into a pan of boiling salted water. Drain, leave to cool enough to handle, then squeeze out of their skins. Dice the tomatoes. Mince the garlic cloves. Crumble the cheese. Chop the olives.
Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the tomatoes and garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add the cooked beans, parsley, olives, lemon juice and vinegar. Season with black pepper. Toss to combine all ingredients.
To serve, sprinkle the salad with the feta.