Turkey mince is well known as a generally healthy option compared to beef mince, and this recipe is a great alternative to higher-fat cheeseburgers. This recipe will yield six delicious turkey burgers.
- 450g (1 packet) turkey mince
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 200g breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 100g grated cheddar cheese (plus a little more to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for frying in
- 6 bread rolls, for serving in
- Rocket, to garnish
Preheat your oven to 200C (gas mark 6).
In a large bowl, combine the turkey, eggs, breadcrumbs, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
Divide the mixture into 6 evenly-sized rounds. Form a hollow in each round, and stuff each with grated cheese. Push in the sides of the burger to cover the cheese, then form a burger shape.
In a frying pan, heat the oil over high heat. Fry the burgers for 3 minutes on each side, until evenly browned.
Transfer the burgers to the preheated oven and cook for an additional 12 minutes, or until cooked through.
Place the cooked burgers in the bread rolls. Garnish with extra grated cheese and rocket. Serve.