Roasting the cherry tomatoes intensifies their sweet flavour, and the classic addition of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco gives a tang which cuts through the comforting potato. Potato and scallops is not a common combination, but works surprisingly well when accompanied by a sharp sauce. Serves 2.
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large potato, peeled and sliced into rounds 1cm/½in thick
- 2 handfuls ripe cherry tomatoes
- 4 scallops, removed from their shells, cut in half across the middle to form 2 discs
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Basil leaves (to garnish)
Preheat the oven to 200 C/Gas 6.
Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large non-stick pan and cook the potatoes until tender and a golden brown colour. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread the cherry tomatoes on a baking tray with a generous slug of olive oil and season. Sprinkle with the mixed herbs and roast for 10 minutes until the skins look loose and the tomatoes are beginning to collapse.
Whisk together 1 tbsp of oil, ketchup, mustard, Tabasco, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and tarragon.
Pan-fry the scallops for 30 seconds per side until golden brown and just cooked through.
Serve the potatoes first and pile the scallops and cherry tomatoes on top. Drizzle with the dressing and garnish with a sprig of fresh basil.