This deliciously flavourful one pot chicken, pancetta and butter bean stew is perfect for serving up mid week with chunks of warm crusty bread to mop up the juices. Sprinkle with some fresh parsley before serving for extra freshness.
- 6 chicken legs, bone in, ready to cook
- 2 x 400g tins cherry tomatoes
- 3 x 400g tins butter beans, drained
- 200g pancetta, diced
- 4 red onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked, finely chopped
- 250ml each red wine and chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 bay leaf
Preheat the oven to 170C. Heat a little oil in a roasting tin on the hob and brown on all sides. Set the chicken to one side.
Add the pancetta to the tin. Once browning, add red onions and garlic and cook gently until softened. Add the rosemary, wine and stock and then simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, beans, sugar and bay leaf. Stir, then bring to the boil. Add the chicken, then bake for 35-45 minutes or until the chicken is tender.