A mixture of prawns, squid and scallops are stir fried with garlic, ginger, chilli and mangetout, then simmered in a dash of soy and corn starch to create a delicious dinner that's cooked and on the table in just 10 minutes.
- 10 large prawns, deveined
- 1 large squid, cut into rings
- 10 scallops, roe removed
- 500g mangetout
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Sesame oil, to taste
- 1 tbsp. chicken stock granules mixed with 1 tbsp. water
- Soy sauce
- 1 - 2 tbsp. corn starch mixed with 3 tbsp. water until a paste forms
- Handful cashews for garnish
Put prawns, squid, scallops, shallot, garlic, ginger, chilli, sesame oil and a pinch of salt and pepper into a large bowl and stir to combine. Cover with cling and leave in the fridge for half an hour.
Heat oil in a large wok and add the onion with a large pinch of salt. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the seafood mix. Fry until nearly cooked, then add chicken stock mix and a dash of soy. Simmer for 30 seconds, then add the corn starch mix and cook until the sauce thickens and the seafood is cooked to your liking.
Serve with the cashews sprinkled on top.