Clementines zest up this delicious Christmas pudding, while fruity glace cherries and milk chocolate chips make it kid-friendly. Serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and some chocolate sauce.
- 100g each butter and dark brown sugar
- 85g each mixed fruit, dried cranberries and milk chocolate chips
- 50g each breadcrumbs, self-raising flour and glace cherries
- Zest and juice of 2 clementines
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. mixed spice or 1 tsp. of your favourite spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 apple
Combine the mixed fruit, cranberries, clementine zest and juice and lemon zest and juice in a bowl. Cover and leave to soak for three days, stirring every day.
Grease a 1 litre pudding basin. Line with greaseproof paper. Peel, core and grate the apple.
Beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Sift in the flour, cocoa and spice and stir to combine. Stir in the breadcrumbs. Fold in the mixed fruit mix, the milk chocolate chips, the glace cherries and the apple.
Turn the mix out into the prepared pudding basin. Cover with double greaseproof and then with a pleated piece of tin foil. Tie in place with cooking string.
Put the basin onto a trivet in a saucepan so that the water comes halfway up the sides of the saucepan. Cover and steam for 2 hours.