These delicious pancakes are really easy to make but pack a delicious flavour punch! Courgette is cooked into a simple pancake batter, and the pancakes are then used to enclose red pepper, feta, fresh mint and and salt and pepper for a tasty lunchtime treat.
- 200g courgette, grated, pressed of excess water between kitchen paper until dried
- 5 tbsp. plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 small bunch parsley and 1 small bunch mint, finely chopped
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- Oil to fry
- 1 large red pepper, chopped, pith removed
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small bunch mint
Beat the eggs, flour, parsley, mint, salt, pepper and courgette in a bowl until well combined.
To cook, heat a bit of oil in a large frying pan. Drop a few tbsp. of the batter in the frying pan and cook until the edges are dry and bubbles form on the surface of the pancake then flip and fry for another 1-2 minutes.
For the filling, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the pepper and fry for 3-4 minutes or until tender and softened. Mix with the feta and mint and black pepper to taste. Spoon onto the pancakes and fold up to serve.