If you like your cakes sweet, gooey and fabulously rich, you'll love this double chocolate peanut butter banana cake! It's definitely not for those on a diet but anyone who tucks in is sure to love it.
- 150g plain flour
- 100g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large, ripe bananas, mashed
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tsp. each baking powder and bicarbonate of soda
- 150g crunchy peanut butter, melted down in a saucepan
- 200ml milk
- 3 tbsp. veg oil
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 150g chocolate chunks
- 50g chopped mini fudge pieces
Preheat oven to 250C. Grease and flour a medium cake tin.
Whisk together peanut butter, milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Sift in the flour, cocoa, baking powder and cocoa and stir to combine, then fold in the banana, chocolate chips and fudge pieces. Spoon into the prepared cake tin and put in the oven, then turn it down to 170C.
Bake for 30 minutes or until tested done with a skewer.