Sweet, savoury and crunchy, this couscous side dish has it all. Couscous is tossed with a tangy dressing, cooked chickpeas, olives, raisins and freshly chopped herbs. Serve warm alongside grilled chicken or cold as a salad.
- 200g couscous
- 50g sultanas
- 100g green olives, pitted, drained
- 1 x 400g tin cooked chickpeas, drained
- Chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Small handful freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
Cover the couscous with an inch of hot stock. Cover and leave to sit for 10 minutes or until fluffed up. Halve the olives.
Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. When the couscous is cooked, toss with the sultanas, olives and chickpeas and drizzle with the dressing. Toss to combine and top with pine nuts.