This unusual recipe combines some traditional herbs, including basil, thyme, onion and rosemary, along with beer and Worcestershire sauce to create a flavourful prawn dish perfect for lunch.
- 450g medium prawns, deveined and peeled
- 125g butter
- 1 tsp. each garlic granules, onion granules and dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. each dried thyme and rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. each cayenne pepper and sweet paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 60ml beer
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
Combine the garlic granules, onion granules, basil, thyme, rosemary, cayenne pepper and sweet paprika.
Heat butter in a frying pan. Add the garlic and fry for a minute or two, then add the garlic herb mixture. Fry for 20-30 seconds until fragrant, then add the prawns and coat in all the herbs. Fry until pink and opaque.
Add the beer and Worcestershire sauce to taste. Simmer until the prawns are fully cooked, then season with salt and pepper to taste to serve.