Runner beans, cannellini beans and tuna combine in this delicious Italian-inspired salad. It's delicious warm, but it's just as good cold the next day.
- 100g runner beans, trimmed and sliced
- 1 x 175g tin tuna in spring water, drained and flaked
- 1/2 400g tin cannellini beans, drained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. parmesan
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine the runner beans, tuna, cannellini beans and onion. Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Pour over the salad ingredients, leave to marinade for an hour or two, then sprinkle with parmesan to serve.