This simple yet wonderfully delicious and nutritious runner bean dish uses just a handful of ingredients to create a full-flavoured side dish that works brilliantly well with chicken.
- 400g runner beans, trimmed and sliced
- 200g spring onions, trimmed and halved
- Good handful black olives in brine, rinsed, halved
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Good squeeze fresh lemon juice
- Small handful fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the beans and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the onions for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, then drain and plunge into iced water.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan. Once the beans are cooled, drain, warm them through in the oil and add the olives. Add the lemon juice, tarragon, salt and black pepper then toss to combine. Serve warm from the pan.