Salsa verde is a little bit like a zesty, tangy, salty version of pesto. In this recipe, mixed herbs, capers, pine nuts and olives are combined and then served with lemon-baked salmon fillets. It'll taste like you've been slaving in the kitchen for hours when in reality it takes 2 minutes to make the salsa verde!
- 25g each dill leaves, mint leaves, parsley leaves and chives
- 2 tbsp. capers from a jar, drained
- 2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 90g green olives in brine, drained, stoned
- 45g anchovy fillets, rinsed, drained
- 4 x 150g salmon fillets, boneless
- Black pepper
Put the dill, mint, parsley, chives, capers, pine nuts, olives, anchovies, olive oil and the juice of 1 1/2 lemons into a blender and pulse until combined and roughly chopped.
Drizzle the salmon fillets with the rest of the lemon juice and season with black pepper. Lay in a baking tray and bake in a 180C oven for 10-12 minutes or until flaking.
To serve, spoon the salsa verde down the centre of each cooked salmon fillet.