This extra hearty, extra beefy and extra beany chilli con carne is a brilliant dinner dish - the whole family will love it! Serve with rice or over a jacket potato.
- 500g minced beef
- 1 onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 600g passata
- 2 x 400g tin kidney beans, one tin drained, one whole tin
- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans
- 1/2 tbsp. chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp. each dried basil and oregano
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
Fry the beef until evenly browned, drain the fat and put into the slow cooker. Finely chop the onion, celery, pepper and garlic, then add to the slow cooker. Stir in the passata, kidney beans, cannellini beans and juice, chilli powder, basil, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and paprika.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.