Chicken, pork sausage, prawns and rice cook in a Cajun flavoured stock in this delicious recipe. It's a meal in a pot, so you can just serve it as it is!
- 450g chicken pieces, trimmed, boneless, diced
- 450g smoked pork sausage, sliced
- 450g frozen, cooked, peeled prawns
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 125g celery, chopped
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp. each dried oregano, parsley and Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 150g rice
Mix together the chicken, sausage, tomatoes, onion, pepper, celery, stock, oregano, parsley, Cajun seasoning, cayenne and thyme. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
Stir in the prawns for the last half hour of cooking and the rice for the last hour. Stir often when the rice is in the slow cooker so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the cooker.