Chicken is slow cooked in peanut butter, soy, garlic and lime juice in this fabulous recipe. Serve over rice with lime wedges on the side.
- 6 chicken breasts, skinless, trimmed, boneless, diced
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 200ml chicken stock
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. corn flour
- 1 tsp. dried crushed chillies
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 tbsp. lime juice
- 2-3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Small handful freshly chopped coriander
- 75g roasted unsalted peanuts
Put the chicken, pepper, onion, stock, soy sauce, cumin, garlic, dried chillies and a good pinch of salt and pepper into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Take 225ml of the liquid from the slow cooker and stir in the peanut butter, corn flour, soy sauce and lime juice. Stir into the slow cooker.
Cook on high for around 30 minutes, stirring, then sprinkle with spring onions, coriander and peanuts to serve.